BEST SPEED DATING QUESTIONS
"THE BEST SPEED DATING QUESTIONS TO ASK TO MAKE A LASTING GREAT FIRST IMPRESSION"
Here at Sunday Singles we've put together a list of some of the best conversation starters we’ve noticed at our shows when it comes to making a first impression. We focus on a light-hearted approach with humour mixed into some of the questions. Having a sense of humour is great, but you still want to be able to hold a proper conversation. It can get frustrating if someone can’t hold a serious conversation.
When you meet someone it's important to be able to hold a conversation and stand out from the rest. If you can incorporate humour into your conversation you've got a head start.
To make things easier for you, we've broken the questions down into sections. So take your pick and let us know how they go.
One piece of advice that we suggest is to ask questions that do not require a one-word response ie. Yes or No. You want to encourage the person in front of you to speak.
Also, before we get started with the questions. Remember not to talk about yourself too much. At the end of the day, you want to find out if you're suitable for each other and you won't know this if you do 90% of the talking. Share the conversation around and aim for a 50/50 split.
Time and time again, people get caught up with talking about themselves too much and bragging to the other person trying to impress them. No one likes it, don't do it.
We've broken the questions into sections to make things a little easier for you. Take a look at them all and pick out some that you would like to use.
LIGHT-HEARTED QUESTIONS TO ASK
These are a great way to ease into a conversation with the other person. It shows character, they’re outside the box and it’s something different from the other conversations they have had. How many times can someone ask “What do you do for work” before they get sick of answering it? Be different and show your personality.
- What is something that everyone looks stupid doing?
- If your pet could talk, what would they say about you?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you've worn?
- If you could travel to any place in the world for one month, where would you go?
- Where has been the best place you’ve travelled to?
- What is something you are superstitious about?
- What's your go-to hangover ritual?
- What has been your worst date and why?
- What are kinds of things do you find repulsive?
FUNNY QUESTIONS TO ASK
When things are going well and you want to step it up a notch, these questions will help show your sense of humour and that you have more to offer than the standard questions they’ve heard time and time again.
- What would be the creepiest thing you could say while passing a stranger on the street?
- If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
- What is something that is really popular now, but in 5 years everyone will look back on and be embarrassed by?
- If someone asked to be your apprentice and learn all that you know, what would you teach them?
- If you were transported 400 years into the past with no clothes or anything else, how would you prove that you were from the future?
MEANINGFUL QUESTIONS TO ASK
- What are your top 3 rules to live by?
- Do you have kids or do you want kids in the future?
- What type of relationship are you looking for at the moment?
- Do you have any siblings?
- What do you do for work?
RISKY QUESTIONS TO ASK
These questions are not off the table but should be used with caution when you first meet someone. We do not suggest diving straight into these. Work into them later on once you’ve tested the waters with some of the other questions.
- What is the most important thing you learned from your last relationship?
- Are you an easy person to date?
- In a relationship should you have a separate bank account or a shared bank account?
- In a relationship what area do you need to improve on?
- If you could change one thing about yourself physically or mentally, what would it be?
- What do you think happens after death?
- What has been your biggest screw up so far?
- What has been the biggest lie you have ever told?